THE BENEFITS OF LAMELLAR WOOD
Lamellar wood: the best material for your window frames: stability, resistance, homogeneity and beauty make lamellar wood the most suitable material for window frames production. The choice of the best quality wood, avoiding dangerous zones, the perfect desiccation and its typesetting achieved superimposing many lamellae with opposed fibers to enhance its stability, make the lamellar wood a unique product, highly technologic and unalterable in time.
High resistance to solicitations: With the lamellar wood, you can scientifically calculate the behavior of the window frame’s profile when reacting to flexion and cut efforts. The elimination of flaws and discontinuities enhances and homogenizes the values of mechanical resistance. The superimposition of staggered tablets eliminates the anisotropy, characteristic of wood. The calculation of the flexion arrow of the window’s struts due to the wind’s pressure can be calculated in advance if you use lamellar wood: said arrow should be kept between the limits established by the law ISO 6612.
Guaranteed because constantly controlled: for the most complete customer’s guarantee, the manufacturing of the lamellar XILL3 is constantly subject to both internal and external checking. 100% control of the humidity of each board that runs through the system, each board that by chance exceeds the appointed humidity levels is automatically eliminated and forwarded to the reconditioning, level D4 bonding according to Uni En 204, bonding control, pressing conditions, product checking.
Homogeneous and regular: the in sight sides of the lamellar are selected to ensure a perfect homogeneity of their fibers and a better regularity in the grain’s course. The aesthetic appearance is better, perfectly regular, especially valued for tall pieces in French windows and continuous facades. The elimination of the “dead” knots and discontinuities abolishes the planer’s vibration, the transversal accents and the fibers strain. Stains caused by the uneven absorption of the impregnating liquid are also very mitigated.
“WOOD GIFT GIFT”
“LET US MAKE A WORLD OF COLORS”
Impregnation and painting are considerably better: meticulous studies conducted in Germany and the experimentations of the Centre Technique du Bois et de l’Ameublement of Paris have shown that many painting’s flaws are mainly to be credited to the use of not perfectly dry wood. The use of lamellar wood ensures that the window’s processing is always made with perfectly and evenly dried wood, at their optimal level of utilization. The impregnating penetrates perfectly and homogeneously in the wood and the shallow water-repellent layer keeps adhering to the surface, because there is no excess humidity that lifts the finish while evaporating.
Glued lamellar-technological features
- Aesthetic: improved thanks to the accurate selection of the material made possible by the peculiar processing cycle, technologically controlled. Such cycle also provides the use of smaller original sections, therefore more easily selectable.
- Wood flaws: better homogeneity thanks to the industrial processing cycle with constant quality standard control.
- Drying: definitely more homogeneous and effective. Only the processing cycle of the lamellar can guarantee a constant and uniform
- Less withdrawal and swelling thanks to support effect between the gills
- Less susceptible to humidity variations
- Improved precision of dimensions
For window frames exposed to temperatures below 20°C and above 50°C, as in countries like Russia, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates, where high percentages of humidity persist, as well as rainfall and solar radiation close to the equator, which are drastically higher than in Italy, we recommend to ask for the special painting cycle CAIFRAME Extreme-T.
Exposure conditions to highly aggressive natural environments: zones within 300 meters from the last wave of the sea (500 meters for the ocean) or frames installed above 2.000 meters above sea level. In these cases, we recommend to improve the frame’s protection with the special Extreme-T finish.
LAST GENERATION DOUBLE ANTROPOMORPHOUS PAINTING
The CAIFRAME painting cycle provides a special finish with a double Robot that guarantees:
- PRECISE application even in the most hard to reach spots
- FILM THICKNESS: remarkable increase in the thickness of the layer of paint applied. With just one double anthropomorphous cycle, you can reach a 380-micron thickness. The Robot heads spray at a close distance even in the most hidden spots.
- STEADYNESS of quality and application from the first to the last piece of the working cycle. The same result is impossible to achieve with traditional plants or even with manual cycles
- 100% fresh paints: only fresh, brand new paint is applied. Only a double Robot cycle with close application can vertiginously reduce the over-spray nebulized in the air, allowing to always painting using fresh paint not recycled from the previous cycles, unlike what traditional plants do. 100% fresh paints means more protective power.
- ECOLOGIC CYCLE: less over-spray nebulized in the air also means environment safeguard. Robot and technology for an increasingly BIO process
Where there is risk of rust the exposure to weathering, humidity, but also factors such as pollution and scarce ventilation, can cause corrosion phenomena and lead to the forming of rust. The new Tricoat mechanisms preserve the window frames functionality in all those places where the environmental conditions are particularly aggressive.
Coastal areas the treatment with Tricoat mechanisms avoids the iron’s corrosion caused by weather conditions typical of the coastal territories: a high humidity rate, accentuated condensation phenomena (temperature variations night/day, winter/summer) and a high presence of sodium chloride.
Metropolitan and industrial areas in these areas the mechanisms must be defended from various “aggressors”: pollutants, coming from industries, but also from city traffic and domestic heating, the combustion products (that corrode metals when transformed into nitric acid and sulfuric acid) and, in some cases, from acid rain.
Moist environments where there is a lot of humidity and condensation, joined to scarce ventilation, rust is easily formed: for example, cellars and underground rooms, but also newly built structures. The delivery time always stricter and stricter do not allow the structures to “dry “properly and the flats stay unsold for a long time. Humidity persists inside the window frames causing the mechanisms corrosion.
Corrosion proof resistance to the most potentially harmful conditions is established by various tests and experiments done both at the Maico laboratories and at external institutes, following different methodologies.
The saline mists test After the exposure in a saline mist room to a solution of3,5% NaCl at a temperature of 40°C (parameters required by the ASTM B117 law), the Tricoat mechanisms have shown to be effectively resistant to corrosion. The test was carried out at the PIV Prufinstitut Velbert and at the Arsenal Resarch in Vienna.
Acid exposure the image below shows the reaction (after ten minutes) of a Tricoat cremonese and a cremonese with traditional galvanization on which some drops of hydrochloric acid 33% and cleaning liquid have been spilled: the paint protected the Tricoat mechanism from corrosion
Extreme conditions the Tricoat mechanisms have shown their resistance even in “real” conditions: installed at pilot costumers structures and in locations where environmental factors are extremely aggressive and checked after a year, they haven’t shown signs of damages due to corrosion.
ON HOOK LOCK FOR ZERO AND RAY PEAKING
Innovative closing system created for the Zero and Ray Peaking
- Guarantees extreme SAFETY raising the anti-burglary level
- Increases the REGULATION possibilities for a perfect closing through time
- Absence of PROTRUDING EXTERNAL BODIES, foreseen in traditional systems
- Extreme cleaning of the open shutter profiles, with its retractable hooks and the completely recessed joints, plumb line with the frame.
DOUBLE ROBOT GLASS SEALING
Automatic sealing system with self-learning Robot that can guarantee:
- ABSOLUTE PRECISION: constant silicone quality inside the silicone channel.
- CLEANLINESS: the robot trims the silicone while inserting it, to ensure an accurate cleaning.
- DOUBLE SEALING: thanks to the double head, the sealing is both external and internal.
- RETRACTABLE GLAZING TACKS: the internal glazing is fastened with special tacks applied inside the silicone channel that is later filled with silicone and trimmed for a complete absence of visible internal tacks.
Burglary: when, where, how
Who commits burglary and when? Thieves and /or burglars, especially during the day between 12 am and 8 pm, choose occasionally those targets, which represent an easily surmountable obstacle for them.
Where does the burglary happens? According to the statistics, more than 80% burglars enter the house from the window or from the door window and not, as it is mistakenly believed, from the front door of the flat or home.
How does burglary happens? Burglars just need simple, rudimentary tools to quickly unhinge a window. Almost 70% of windows unhinge are made with a screwdriver whose blade has a length varying from 6 to 12 mm
FIX PLUS CAIFRAME: THE SOLUTION AGAINST UNHINGING
Traditional closing door-latch: unhinging is possible without peculiar difficulties
‘Mushroom’ self-adjusting door-latch FIXPLUS CAIFRAME the window frames equipped with a self-adjusting ‘mushroom’ door-latch and anti-burglary clashes oppose a remarkable resistance to unhinging.
Anti-burglary clashes for self-adjusting ‘mushroom’ of high sturdiness thanks to the special combination of materials and to a sophisticated diecasting process.
“NOTTOLINI AUTOREGOLANTI MAICO”
“SISTEMA ANTIEFFRAZIONE MAICO”
TOTAL BLOCK ® SYSTEM
TOTAL BLOCK CAIFRAME PICKS
The CAIFRAME TOTAL BLOCK picks, in the version with cylinder and with button, enhance the safety of each window. The TOTAL BLOCK picks are available in a great variety of colors.
Requirements: -100 Nm resistance to the tore up from the shutter -100 Nm resistance to blockage mechanisms twist
TOTAL PROTECTION ® SYSTEM
TOTAL PROTECTION ® SYSTEM CAIFRAME
It is a special system integrated in the window frame that protects the house from the intrusion of malicious people. The system allows you to keep your anti-theft alarm on even if the window is in tilt door position.
Special IMQ contacts are inserted inside the window frame’s mechanical stops, predisposing it to be connected to the house’s anti-theft system
The TOTAL PROTECTION ® CAIFRAME SYSTEM besides the extreme reliability has the benefit of being completely retractable for a better aesthetic.
DOMOTECH ® SYSTEM
DOMOTECH® SYSTEM CAIFRAME
It’s the evolution of the TOTAL PROTECTION ® SYSTEM that, thanks to intelligent sensors, allows to:
- Automatically monitor the window by means of a magnetic door-latch that follows the hardware’s movement and a double magnetic contact clash thanks to which it is possible to recognize the three positions of the window: closed, open hinged, tilt door.
- Linked to surveillance systems or anti-theft systems even with remote control. The double magnetic contact clash detects the window in “closed” or “tilt door “position, allowing the ventilation without setting the alarm off, for example in the bedrooms and bathrooms. The alarm will set off only if the window is opened on swing (shutter is moved aside from the frame)
- Energy saving thanks to the link to a thermostat or air conditioning. If the window is in opening position (on swing or tilt door) the heating/cooling is automatically interrupted